Tuesday 4 September 2018

Off to Durdle Door...

On Monday afternoon friends (David and Ann) picked me up to do a little site seeing.  Wow! I wasn’t disappointed...


David and Ann at Durdle Door

Beautiful coast line.  Look at the colour of that water.



The name Durdle comes from the old English ‘thirl’ meaning through or pierced hole.



It’s a world heritage site.

We stopped in The Doll’s House for tea and cake.  That cake was soooo.....good!





The light was amazing.  This is Portland Island.  Currently there is a prison on this island.

The countryside is just beautiful...makes me want to follow the paths over the hills and beyond....maybe next time?







We stop at a lookout to admire the view...I really needed a panoramic picture because this one just doesn’t do it justice!  This is Poole Harbour on the left and Bournemouth on the far right.

We drive back through Corfe and then into Wareham where we stop at this pub for dinner.  It was delicious!  Of course I enjoyed my mandatory pint and then David and Ann dropped me off back home.  What a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment