Saturday 1 September 2018

Off to Bournemouth

Today I was trying to get to Christchurch however due to a mix up with the buses I take the bus to the end of the line which is the area of Sandbourne.  I am overlooking the sea however there is a path down to the Oceanside promenade.




These small beach huts are actually privately owned and depending on location can sell for a pretty penny.

This funicular is used for transporting some people up and down the hillside.

As I continuing walking along it is getting busier.  Eventually it’s a full festival with food stalls and rides.

The air show has started with the armed forces parachuting.

Now that I have arrived in Bournemouth I stroll through some wonderful green space.

And there were these handsome fellows on display informing people of bird rescue and sanctuary.

This is a vulture.

I then take a bus and arrive in Christchurch.  These are the ruins of the castle.







The Norman House constructed around 1160.




The Priory is in the distance. The grounds are so beautiful.





Unfortunately the Priory closed just as I arrived so I will return to view the interior another day.

This is a very old tavern. I really crave a pint and this place was lovely.

Had a laugh at this saying on the wall!

A great ending to a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment