Sunday 30 September 2018

More on Solothurn



St. Urs cathedral.  They had it closed off as I guess there was something going on.  I plan on coming back and will go inside then.



Heading to the Basel gate. Construction began in 1504.



And there I find a Lego store...I just have to go in and check it out for my grandsons.  Lots of action figures...



I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Simpsons LEGO figures?



These towers are part of the Basel gate and were finished in 1535.  Holding up remarkably well!



There is a huge exposition taking place and hence the crowds.  This was a competition of wrestling.  Quite like Sumo wrestling but instead of being naked with only a ‘diaper’ these boys are more conservatively dressed with burlap ‘shorts’ over their pants.



Ah...the king of BBQ’s....I wander through tent after tent of all sorts of things and decide its time to leave.  I’d like to come back to this town when nothing extra is happening to get a feel for it.  I hop the train back to Biel and the bus to Kappelen.  First night of doing all the chores now that my “farm help” has departed.







No comments:

Post a Comment