Tuesday 2 October 2018

More on Bern

So many pictures I thought I would do a separate blog.

This is the house that Einstein lived in at the time that he developed his theory of relativity.

The front entrance of the Cathedral.

The Cathedral.  This is where the tour ends so I decide to cross the bridge to the Bear Park.

This is the Bear Park.  Quite a bit better than the original “Bear Pit” as animal activists finally got the City Of Bern to provide a better life for these bears.  Still far from ideal.  Bern got its name from the word Bear, hence the constant presence of bears.

I stop for lu ch which is Hungarian goulash, bread and beer.  Warmed me up as it’s cool out today.

I hike up to the Rose Gardens where the view over the city is amazing.

And who do I meet on a park bench but Alfred Einstein!  After a lengthy conversation about his theory on relativity I bid him farewell and continue on my journey.





Another fountain...

The Parliament buildings.  There is a fountain for each Canton in Switzerland and the height of the fountain is determined by the size of the Canton.
Enough walking for one day.  Back to the train station where I find my bus back to Kappelen.  The scenery on the way back is breathtaking.  It’s worth it to take different transit as you see different parts.  Gorgeous!









No comments:

Post a Comment