Friday 26 October 2018

Goodbye Alcossebre...hello Altea

Second to last night in Alcossebre was beautiful. Full moon.





My last dinner at L’Illa...steak!



Went for a beer on the beach the afternoon before I left.  Really is nice....now to pack and get ready to move on.

Early morning as the only train from Alcalà going to Valencia is at 7:30.  Trudy’s husband Simon picks me up just before 7 as there is no other way to get to the train station.  Poor Simon.
I didn’t sleep well as I was so afraid I wouldn’t catch the train and if that happened then my train ticket was garbage and also my car rental and night’s accommodation in Altea would be wasted.  Anyhow...I did make the train.  It was 10 minutes late so everything worked.
Got to Valencia around 9 am and then took the subway to the airport to pick up my car.  No problem getting the car.  

Cute little thing called a Fiat Panda.  I feel rather small when all these cars go whizzing by me.  Speed limit is 120 km and other drivers go past me like I’m standing still.

This was a great place to stay.  Fully equipped one bedroom a block from the beach and in the heart of everything.  I asked for a room in the back so it would be quieter and no problem.  Would definitely stay here again.

Down at the beach.

Ready to explore this town!




No comments:

Post a Comment