Friday 19 October 2018

First housesit is off the tracks...

I catch the train in Valencia for Alcalá de Xivert. It will take 1.5 hours.  It is dark out now and there isn’t any signage in the train to tell you what the stops are.  Besides knowing the time I’m supposed to arrive I have no idea which stop.  After asking several people this nice young man says he is getting off at Alcalá and will let me know when. Whew!

This is the complex where I am staying.  After Trudy meets me at the train we drive to Alcossebre and we arrive at an apartment that they own.  It turns out that the dog I was going to look after has had a seizure so Trudy’s husband will be staying home and there is no need for me to be with Russell!  So they are putting me up in an apartment and I don’t have anything to do for a week.  Sounds sweet!

My deck...

The pool....it’s in the low 20’s so when the sun comes out it will be swimming weather...which brings us to the other curve ball...there is a severe weather advisory...like stock up on groceries kind of severe.  Oh, oh.  Trudy takes me grocery shopping.

It’s a pretty town.  Only takes about 15 minutes to walk to town.

As you can see the clouds are rolling in...it’s warm and windy.  I head back as I don’t want to be out when this hits.

Back home...

And it starts...torrential rain, thunder and lightening.  This is going to last 2-3 days.  House bound I’ll be.






Now do I have enough wine??



No comments:

Post a Comment