Sunday 14 October 2018

Goodbye Switzerland...hello France

It’s Friday and Tanya, Guy and family return from their vacation in Croatia.  We go to Tanya’s parents for dinner which is very nice.  The majority of the talk is in German so it’s a bit isolating but I get the idea and enjoy the meal.

This dish that Clara prepared is called Zurich Gschnatzlets.  It’s very indicative of Switzerland, particularly the area of Bern.  It’s chicken done in a sauce with mushrooms and the potatoes are grated and pan fried.  Very delicious.

The next morning after breakfast Tanya and Guy drive  me to the train station in Biel so that I can catch the train to Geneva.  The train ride to Geneva takes 1.5 hours and then I check in for my one hour flight to Nice.

Arrival in Nice waiting on the Promenade for the bus to Vence.  The weather continues to be warm and sunny.  While getting on the bus I was pick pocketed!  I should know better and I did have my guard down after feeling so safe in Switzerland.  While on the bus this gypsy looking woman just hands me a handful of stuff that was in my purse including my passport!  I couldn’t believe it!  She didn’t say anything...just gave me the stuff.  Maybe they were hoping for a wallet?  Who knows.  I count my lucky stars nothing is missing and take this as a warning.  Hello France!!!

I arrive in Vence and walk to Le Grand Jardin where I meet Marnie.  I drop my suitcase at her place and then we go for much anticipated (and needed) wine.  We end up at La Table de Domi for dinner which is lovely sitting outside.  I always feel like I’m in a storybook when in Vence.  It’s magical!

Food is wonderful and we finish it off with fruit crumble and ice cream!

The next day after having coffee Marnie takes me to a new fountain infront of a new seniors home.  Vence seems to be adding a few more plants and there are more stores opening.  It seems that things are going well in Vence.

A pretty flower shop across the street.

Marnie has the most beautiful doors in her apartment.  Wooden shutters on all the windows that match the doors.  It really is a beautiful apartment.








No comments:

Post a Comment