Tuesday 9 October 2018

Off to Wohlen

It’s Tuesday and I decide to visit the town of Wohlen.  It looks pretty and I’m told I can get there on the bus that goes to Bern.  I love this route as it’s so picturesque.  One time when I was travelling from Bern to Kappelen you could see the Alps clear as day.  It was so beautiful. I didn’t realize at the time how rare that is as there is usually cloud on the horizon that hides the Alps.  It was like that today as I make my way to Wohlen.  It’s a beautiful day.

After I exit the bus I’m not sure where to go.  I had seen a pretty picture of a bridge over the water so I assume I have to walk downhill to find the lake.  I speak to one man who helps me find the path beside the lake which is a much better alternative to the road.  It’s so peaceful here.



That’s pretty well all of Wohlen on the hill.  It’s very small.  My idea of finding a restaurant and having a beer on the patio vanishes as there aren’t any in town.

This is the bridge I’ve seen in pictures.

There are quite a few swan on this lake.

Someone rowing down the lake.  I wish I had a kayak.  It would be beautiful to be on the water.

The colours are finally starting to change.  Autumn is coming.


I head back






No comments:

Post a Comment