Monday 1 October 2018

Life without Mary...

Now that Mary has left and gone back to Canada I am settling into a routine that is working for me.  I do miss my partner with the farm chores but I am spreading the chores over the day and it’s quite doable.
Sunday was a nice day and I biked to Aarberg which isn’t that far away.  It’s only about a 20 minute ride and the weather was great.  All the chores got done so it was a win win.  Wasn’t easy though.  The male rabbits decided that they didn’t want to go into their hutch so after chasing them around they finally went it.  Then it was over to the chickens who had the same idea.  



Had to chase them around too.  Rogue chicken!  Finally everyone was where they should be and I could retire to the house.

Monday it rained.  Haven’t had any rain to speak of so it is much needed.  The cleaning lady came today and I took the opportunity to hop the bus to Aarberg to get groceries.



This is my two bags of groceries.  Mostly lettuce and carrots for the bunnies.



Yup...it’s expensive!  52.15 CHF which equates to $73.15 Canadian.  Won’t be eating steak and lobster anytime soon!



Treated myself to a lovely coffee while waiting for the next bus.



These are the sheep at the neighbors farm.  Aren’t they cute?  Momma and two babies.



Must be twins....when I let the ponies out they look at these sheep like they’re from Mars.  It’s so funny to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment