Friday 2 September 2016

Friday...first full day in Lagos

Well I'm getting comfortable with being in Lagos.  It's quite the tourist destination for a lot of Europeans.  Just a couple of hours on a flight and they're in better weather.
I like the guesthouse that I am staying in.  It's nice to have kitchen facilities as the restaurants are quite pricey.  There's a super market close by and things are inexpensive there.  Eating solo is not fun.  This place is full of couples vacationing and young families with children.  So I bought groceries and have my breakfast and lunch in the guesthouse.  I then treat myself to an evening meal.
First dinner in Lagos.  Typical Portugese...fish dish...however there are lots of bones which I find frustrating.  When I ask the waiter he explains this is where the flavour comes from so the bones are part of the dish...hmmm.
I went this morning to the train station and bought my ticket to go to Evora on Sunday.  It was either 6:16 a.m. or 2:30 pm.  Since I have to check out by 11:00 I have decided to get the train at 6:16 and have most of the day to explore Evora and that way possibly get to Lisbon early on Monday.  Depends on how much there is to see in Evora.
After getting my ticket I decide to take a boat ride and see the grottos.  It's 15€ and well worth it.  There are just 8 of us including the driver who is great and tells us all sorts of stories.
  The grottos remind me of Halong Bay in Vietnam only better.  Amazing.
Great sandy beaches!
After returning to shore I walk to one of the beaches, have a beer and then hunker down and just people watch for a couple of hours.  I then head back, clean up and go in search of prawns for dinner. Find Portugese prawns and white wine at a restaurant at the marina and I'm a happy camper.  Delicious.
Head back home and look up info on Sagres as Elisabeth has recommended going there if possible.  Well, since I'm not really a 'lay on the beach' kind of person I think I will see if I can bus to Sagres tomorrow and check it out.  I leave early the next day for Evora.

No comments:

Post a Comment