Wednesday 31 January 2018

Wednesday...off to Shrewsbury

As per my usual routine I take the dogs to the off leash park for their daily run.  It's cold today but it's not raining...


One of the many markers implanted in the sidewalk to mark the distances along the Olympic trail.


I hop the bus and arrive on the main street in Shrewsbury.  Now which way do I go?


 After visiting Tourist Information I get a map and then start meandering.  It's not a large town and some very interesting roads and buildings.


 I have to have some lunch so I go to Market Hall...I was told that they have a wide variety of food booths here.  I have a coffee white with some red pepper/tomato soup.  Just what I need on this cold day.


From upstairs I look down on all the booths in this Market Hall.  Quite a variety of goods.



Then back outside to explore this town...so many really old buildings.
 


St. Mary's Church

This is the Regimental Museum
 

Shrewsbury Castle 
 

St. Mary's Church.
 
 
Butcher's Road...note the cobblestone!
 
 
It's getting late so I make my way to the bus terminal to get the bus back to Wenlock.
 

 Once home I realize I don't have anything for dinner so I feed the dogs and head over to the Raven for a bite to eat.
 


 

So cozy by the fire which is where I sit and have a pint of Guiness and a lovely dinner of Sea Bass.  Everything is local and very fresh.  I have the place to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment