Tuesday 16 January 2018

Life in Altrincham

Things are pretty quiet here.  The weather is typical winter so not really conducive to strolling around.  Of course saying that, Sam and Willow still need their walks so out we go.

 It's raining and getting colder so out come the coats.
 This is one of my walks...down to Dunham Golf Course...lovely walk, just have to watch for flying golf balls and of course squirrels!  Sam and Willow love to take after squirrels (and any other small animal) so a tight grip on the leads is in order.
Thankfully Judi was nice enough to lend me her jacket...perfect in this kind of weather.
Back at home....cozy and snug on the sofa.
 Even though we have had rain and clouds it changes very quickly.  Actually had hail this morning.
 Walks along the back lane with fields on either side...quite beautiful as the sun peaks through.
 Then I decide to take the bus to Altrincham and then tram to Manchester.  Takes about 40 minutes in total.
 I get off the tram at Market Place....as the name says it all...this is the main shopping area.  Signage is good.
 Got talking to some ladies that were doing a survey on the street and it turns out one of them does international petsitting and does it through Trusted Housesitters!  She's been at it for about 3 years.
 Some lovely old building.


I believe this is either the opera house or theatre.  Nice looking building.

 As I couldn't leave the dogs for long I head back to Altrincham.  Here I am at the station and the blue sky is widening.
This is the tram that I took.  Now I'll get on the small bus and it drops me right at the back gate.  Easy to get around.  It will be time to take the dogs out again and then that's it for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment