Saturday 13 January 2018

Off to the United Kingdom

I left Scheveningen on Friday taking the tram to Den Haag Central Station then train to Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam.  Easy Jet to Manchester where Robin was waiting to pick me up and take me to Altrincham. 
On the way we stopped to pick up the dogs, Sam and Willow and then proceeded to go to the Market Place to have something to eat.  Dogs are allowed so that was great.  What a great place!  Lots of different choices for something to eat.  It's busy and very popular.
 Arriving at the gates to the house.
We arrive at the house....beautiful old home that is now divided into apartments that are very unique.
Dogs (Lurchers) are Willow on the left and Sam on the right.  Lazy on the couch.  Ahhh....such is the life.
It's so picturesque. 
Saturday morning I take the dogs for a walk and discover a Tea shop not far away.  I'm too early this morning but plan on going back another day after 10 a.m. when it opens.

Can you just imagine sitting outside here when the sun is out?  Dogs are welcome so I can bring Willow and Sam.
In the afternoon I walked in to Altrincham and along the way I saw this beautiful church, Saint Margaret's.
The old Market building where the eateries are inside.
 Outside there is a great selection of goods for sale....fresh seafood, produce, pastries, clothing and nick knacks....lots of interesting things.

And can you believe it?  Tim Horton's in Altrincham.  My goodness....The Hudson's Bay in the Netherlands and Tim Horton's in the United Kingdom.  Who would have guessed?


No comments:

Post a Comment