Wednesday 31 August 2016

Last day in Sevilla

Today I decide to take the bus in to town and rent a bike again.  I want to ride through the parks.  They are large and beautiful and this is the best way to see them. I go back to See by Bike where the people are so friendly.  I can't recommend them enough.  Because I had previously taken a tour she rents me the bike for only 5€!  What a deal.  I head off.  I'm so wobbly it's laughable.  People see me coming give me wide berth!  I ride through the Maria Louisa Park. 
It is gorgeous.  Lots of filming has been done here.  Lawrence of Arabia and also more recently Star Wars. 

 

 I then ride across the river in to Tribeca and decide (or I should say my derrière decides) that enough is enough.  I return the bike and go looking for somewhere to lunch.
While searching I come across the small shop that I had seen before but couldn't find again.  They had the boots that I saw in La Alberca but didn't have time to buy.  I decide to get a pair as a souvenir and the woman waiting on me is so nice.  Shipping them home won't work as she says it's too expensive.  If I want I can go to Federal Express and do it myself.   I decide to just carry them and she gives me a great bag.  I don't know if I'll actually wear these boots but I had to have?


I continue on to go for lunch.  I try the Mercado on the Main Street which I thought was a large restaurant however turns out to be my best find.  It is a large building situated on the river housing all sorts of different eateries and places for a drink.  You can wander about and choose a dish from here, another from there, a glass of wine from here or a beer from over there.  Then you can find a table either inside or outside, sit and feast.  Brilliant!



 
I catch the bus back to the hotel for some down time.  I will try a restaurant called Duo Tapas tonight for my last dinner in Sevilla then start to pack.  Tomorrow I catch the bus at noon to Lagos, Portugal.



Duo Tapas was another excellent find.  While waiting for them to open at 8:00 I treat myself to sangria and then enjoyed several tapas.  Thank heaven for GPS otherwise I would probably still be wandering the winding streets of Sevilla.
 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Barb! Loving your posts and living your adventure with you. Saw the pic of your boots on FB and they are awesome. We went to the Mercado several times - pretty sure we had Christmas 'dinner' there. It is so cool. So happy you found it. Can't wait for Lagos!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete