Tuesday 16 August 2016

Off on my next adventure...

August 15 Sue and Steve (my brother and sister) drop me at the airport for the red eye flight to London.  After a nice dinner we bid a fond farewell and off I go.  
Flying with British Airlines and this plane is huge.  Has two floors!  I ended up getting a good seat with lots of leg room but I still envied those that had those lovely beds.  Tried to see if I could slip into an empty one but no go.  
We were a bit late arriving at Heathrow as it was busy and it seemed like we were kept circling forever. Then when we finally disembarked I have to find my way to my next flight to Madrid.  I make my way from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5 which includes walking a zillion miles and a packed bus.  They expedite me through and I arrive just as they're closing the gate.  Whew!  And then wouldn't you know after all that rushing we sit on the runway for almost an hour waiting for our turn to take off.  It's just nuts there!
One of the many planes waiting their turn!
Coming into Madrid.  Looks pretty hot and dry from up here.  They say it's 34 degrees.
And low and behold this is what the luggage carousel looks like after everyone else has got their bag....guess who didn't get theirs?  Due to the fact that I barely caught my flight to Madrid they didn't manage to get my suitcase on the plane.  It's coming on the next plane so I have to wait around.  So much for a nice dinner.
This was my dinner at the airport.  A cold beer and a ham and Brie baguette.  Could have been worse.  At least I got my suitcase and while I was waiting I got talking to this nice young fellow. 
 He was missing his suitcase too.  Interesting fellow.  He's from the United Kingdom however when I first talked to him I could have sworn he had a heavy Scottish brogue and then later he had a soft English accent. Turns out he is an actor and he was in character with the Scottish brogue so I wasn't imagining it after all.  He is in Madrid to do filming.  He does sword work and horseback riding.  I told him that when I heard his Scottish brogue and noticed his long hair and pretty substantial build I thought he could pass for Thor on the cover of one of those romance novels.  What a hoot!  Nice guy.
I've checked in to my hotel which is great and I think in a great location.  I'll be exploring tomorrow.  This is the view from my little Juliet balcony.  They also have a coffee lounge on the 5th floor which is great.
Anyhow I've got to get some sleep.  My body is all mixed up and hopefully tomorrow I'll get it on the right track.  Nightie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment