Tuesday 30 August 2016

Tuesday (Diverbo)

Since we were all up late last night because of our party we have an easier day today.  After breakfast at 9:00 we head to La Alberca at 10:00.  Some interesting facts were presented by Sam.  It would seem that the Templar Knights were common in this area.  
This was also a stop over for pilgrims walking to Santiago de Compestello.  It's very hot today but we go to a cool 'cavern' for lunch.  Roast suckling pig.  We also visit a place where we are shown the true art of slicing ham and the different flavours.  Served with red wine it is delicious.  I try my hand at slicing the ham 
and also shooting wine in not my mouth from a wine skin (I was representing Canada....heh, someone's got to do it!). 
I also see a shop that has amazing boots.  I'm so tempted to buy a pair.
After walking back from town I quickly change and head to the pool.  So refreshing and we have just over an hour before our next function.  Another dinner with great red wine and company and then Alan gets me to participate in tequila shooters at the bar with three others.  It's a learning curve but I managed to down it!  ARGHHHHHH!  Back to my room.  Another full day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment