Friday 26 August 2016

Sunday

Another full day with lots of conversation.  Who knew that talking could be so tiring.  Marcos taught us Salsa today.  That was good for a laugh.  I've been asked to participate in a skit which I'm a little nervous about.  Sam has asked me to be a witch and take part in a ceremony called the Queimada.  It's about saying a "spell" to ward off the inclination to speak Spanish while here.  It took place at night
With a cauldron of a flaming drink...myself and two other 'witches' come out from the dark and while reciting some mumble jumble move within the crowd cackling!  It was great fun.  We all had some of the drink and then I headed off to bed at midnight while others stayed up until after 1 a.m.  I had managed to go swimming this afternoon as I had a whole hour of free time!!!!  The water was cold but so refreshing.  I then laid back in a hammock with my book.  Ah, heaven!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment