Friday 26 August 2016

Saying goodbye to Diverbo

On Thursday during free time we went in several cars up the mountain to see the amazing views of the area.  There is an old monastery there and the weather was beautiful. You could see forever! 
 After getting back to Pueblo Inglis we continue with the program but we are going to the hotel for our dinner.  This is a welcome change as the hotel is really nice.  After dinner they have entertainment in the garden.  Tonight they have a violinist, pianist and a singer.  It's magical.
All dressed up tonight!
  Finally just after midnight we head back as we have to be packed and suitcases out by 9 am.
The next morning (Friday) we have out last workshop and receive our certificates.  We all say our goodbyes as several people are leaving by car rather than taking the bus.  I am going back to Madrid by bus at 2:30.  I'm looking forward to continuing with my travels.  Diverbo has been fun but exhausting.  I've met some wonderful people.  
I share the seat on the bus with Montse.  What a character.  When we arrive in Madrid I share a taxi with Jean and Jeddie as we are staying in the same area of Puerta del Sol.  I get dropped at Hotel Liabeny which is a great hotel.  I got a good deal on this one.  Only 54€!
After settling in I decide to get something to eat.  It's hot and busy.  I make my way to Plaza Mayor and sit at an outside restaurant.  I have a salad, calamari and a couple of glasses of wine.  Great place to people watch.
 After I walk around I find a great supermarket and buy some water.  I then find the place that I was shown previously on my walking tour that is renowned for chocolate and churros.  Rich, dark chocolate that you dip the deep fried dough (churros) in to.  Yum!
As I'm leaving I run into Suzy from my Diverbo stay.  What are the chances!  She is with Gordon so I join them and then we head to the plaza to watch the evening entertainment which consists of break dancers, mariachi bands, jugglers and much more.  
I finally say my goodbyes and head to the hotel.  A nice hot bath and off to bed.  I'm heading to Seville tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment