Thursday 18 August 2016

Meeting with Diverbo

Today I headed to the Prado Museum.  Bought a ticket online which allowed me to skip the line.  So worth it.  Huge line up.  Spent about 3 hours wandering amongst the works of famous artists.  A bit overwhelming.  Sort of like a mini Louve.  After a while it all starts to blend together so I decided I'd had enough culture for one day.


 
I then head off to meet the rest of the volunteers at Casa Patas which is a restaurant but also a school to teach flamenco dance.  I meet Sam who is the Master of Ceremonies and the rest of the volunteers.  There are five of us from Canada!  I'm the only one from Vancouver however there is a woman from Whitehorse so there are two representing the west coast.  We have a lovely get acquainted lunch complete with red wine and then are entertained by a demonstration of flamenco dance, singing and guitar.  Such a powerful performance.



We receive our instruction on where to meet the bus tomorrow promptly at 9:15.  I will share a taxi with Jean from Lethbridge and Jeddie from Whitehorse.  They have both participated in Diverbo before so they are familiar with the routine.  Several people are returning as they have done this once or twice before.  It's a good sign.
I head back to my hotel with Shamus and Glen, both from Ireland.  What a couple of jokers.  Shamus stops for a pint on the way and Glen continues on to his hotel.  I am meeting Jean and Jeddie for dinner this evening.  It's nice to have company.
Had a wonderful dinner.  One of the many sidewalk cafes.  Great food, great company.  Now to repack my suitcase and be ready for taxi pickup at 8:30.



No comments:

Post a Comment