Friday 4 January 2013

The Eagle has landed!

Well here I am in Vence.  Getting here was an adventure as most trips are.  The flight leaving Vancouver was 30 mins. late so that started the ball rolling.  My connections were too tight and as a result I was going to miss my connection in Montreal however they held the plane as there were several people trying for connections in Montreal.  Mad dash for the gate.  Even got to ride in one of those carts that they reserve for the frail, elderly or physically challenged.  Hmmmmm?  By the time that flight left we were running an hour late and when we arrived in Brussels I thought I had time to make it however the terminal was miles away and the very nice airport employee said no way, take your time you have been rebooked on the flight at 2:00 pm.  Well that was 4.5 hrs. to wait.  Arghh!  Had to find WiFi and the only one I could find was a station that you have to peddle a bike in order to generate the power to run your device and supply WiFi.  How green of them however feeling as jet lagged as I did it wasn't a pretty picture of me on this bike pedalling my ass off and trying to type a quick email to Ulrike & Klaus so that they wouldn't make an unnecessary trip to the airport.  It was definitely a test of my coordination and endurance.
Finally got to Nice which was only 1.5 hr. flight.  Beautiful view of the Côte d'Azur and the temp was around 15 degrees.  Couldn't get better than that except now I have been awake 24 hrs. and just found out my luggage has not arrived.  It's in Montreal!  Go figure.  I guess that extra $100 that I paid Air Canada for the privilege of bringing a second piece of checked luggage didn't ensure I would actually receive my luggage.  As of right now I am still wearing the clothes that I put on the morning of Jan.2nd.  How lovely is that?  Thank heaven I threw in a toothbrush and toothpaste.  Oh yeah, in my rush to make my connection in Montreal my E Reader fell out of my bag and if it does get turned into Lost & Found I have to pick it up in Montreal!  Anyone going to Montreal soon?
On the up note it is beautiful here.  Walked into Vence this morning for my Latte and croissant.  Got lost on the way back but eventually found my way.  I drive the family to the airport tomorrow.  Should be interesting to see how long it takes me to find my way back.  This picture is of the patio and that is the Mediterranean in the distance.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  Stay tuned for more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment