Saturday 12 January 2013

Friday market.....mmmm...c'est tres Bon!

Friday is the day that they have a large market with some wonderful products.  You want to make sure that you've had a good breakfast before going otherwise you will come home with way too much!  (which I found out the hard way).  
I found one product which I had heard Vence was known for and that is the honey.  Who knew there were so many different varieties of honey?  Delicious!



Sweet bread with raisins & almonds - lemon olives - fresh nougat - sweet little rounds I believe they call Rougelle.
The nougat was made locally and the recipe has been handed down through the generations.


This dish had everything in it.  I just heated it up and it did me for two dinners!  Paired with a crisp white wine, voila!

I will be a regular at this market every Friday now.

No comments:

Post a Comment