Saturday 12 January 2013

Day at St. Paul de Vence

Well today I decide to explore the trail that will take me to the next hill where St. Paul de Vence is located. It's sunny but cool today.  Interesting walk that takes approx. 1 hr.  This is only about a 10 min. bus ride which I will do on the way back.

Had lunch in a small restaurant where my companion (Audrey Hepburn) had just gone to the lou when this picture was taken!

Saw a group of men playing pétanque which is just so representative of Provence!  Walked the narrow alley ways. Poked my head in a few shops.  It's so nice to explore without all the crowds.  Even managed to take the same picture that I had taken years ago when I first visited St. Paul's.  Love it!  You could just frame this one!

This is really not me but a very interesting piece of art.

This picture is just outside the great wall surrounding the old town.

Exhausted but happy I hop the #400 bus which winds its way back to Vence.  A short walk and I am home sweet home!


No comments:

Post a Comment