Saturday 5 January 2013

It's just me and the cat now

Well today was the day that I had to drive back from dropping the family at the airport.  A little scary as driving someone else's car always is but I didn't get lost and I made it without any trouble.  The traffic was light and it was another sunny, mild day.  I just kept thinking that this was nothing compared to driving in Scotland on the other side of the road!

Headed into town this afternoon and thought I would make my way down to the Old Town.  Only saw a small portion of it.

Lots of art galleries, restaurants and interesting shops but most of them were closed.  Funny for a Saturday.  Perhaps it's the time of year.  I can just imagine how busy this will be in a few months.   Saving some of it for another day.  Picked up a few groceries and relaxed in the garden relishing the peace and quiet (and it is so quiet!)

This is one of the many lanes in the Old Town. So picturesque!

No comments:

Post a Comment