Wednesday 26 October 2016

A rainy day in Vence and then off to Italy...

On Tuesday it was warm but wet and I was getting restless.  Decided to walk in to the Old Town of Vence and visit the museum.  I misunderstood and thought this was a historical museum when actually they just put on different art exhibitions in this building.  Part of the building does include an 11th century tower but it doesn't look any different than the rest of the building, especially from the inside.


This is the entrance.  Emily Hughes Foundation.


The artwork wasn't anything I could appreciate...imagine having that hanging in your living room?


I then went to the Cathedral where Chagall has his work.  I can appreciate this a little more.


The next day I headed out by train to Milan, Italy.  This is the Gare de Ville in Nice where I board my train.


We travel along the Côte d'Azur which is always beautiful but today it is cloudy.


Once in Italy I order a little Vino Rouge to take away the boredom.


We then turn inland.  It's starting to get foggy and it's raining lightly by the time we arrive in Milan.  I have no trouble finding my hotel.  I could actually see the sign from the station.  Bonus!


I go in search of dinner and find a lovely Mediterranean restaurant that my hotel recommended.  Nice pasta seafood dish with white wine.  The owner started me off with a glass of Prosecco which was a lovely treat.  
I realized that the man sitting beside me spoke English so I struck up a conversation with him.  George, from Damascus.  Children living in England along with 3 grandchildren.  We started showing each other pictures of the grandchildren on our phones.  Oh, proud grandparents we are!  It was nice to have someone to talk to as my Italian is zero!
Off to explore the city tomorrow.  It's supposed to be sunny!
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment