Monday 31 October 2016

Milano....wonderful stay.

When I arrived in Milano at the Central Train Station my hotel was only a couple of blocks away.  I could see the sign for the Andreola from the station.  Great hotel where I settled in for the evening.


A restaurant around the corner provided a tasty dinner however if I keep going like this I'm going to break the bank!


The next day I take the metro to see the Duomo in the heart of Milano.  Very easy to get around using the metro.


Huge cathedral.  170 stairs to reach the roof.


The view from the roof is amazing.


All of Milano at your feet!


And the inside of the cathedral is equally stunning.


Gorgeous!


The main square.


Huge shopping area.


Well patrolled. 


Trams operate in the main downtown area.  Apparently the trams in San Francisco came from Milano.


There is a wonderful, large park behind the castle/Fort.


Thought I was in Paris for a moment.  Apparently Napoleon provided this when he took over.



And of course Milano is high on fashion...could have gone crazy but then I'd have to face those bills when I get home!  Tomorrow I'm off to Switzerland!

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment