Sunday 16 October 2016

Night out....

I managed to visit Ulrike and Klaus as they were in Vence for a couple of days.  They own the property La Gardiole that I stayed at three years ago.  It was so nice to visit them in their home again.  Some great memories were made during my stay at their property.
I headed home to get ready for my night out.  I am going to a concert at the Cathedral in the old town tonight.  As the time draws near the heavens open up.  It's torrential rain.  


I decide to brave it but in a very short time I am totally soaked.  Didn't help that a car drove by hitting a huge puddle which sprayed all over me.  Since I was already soaked I decided to continue and attend the concert.  At least it's warm out so I'm not chilled....just wet!



There is opera and the music is brass.  It's pretty good.  Small venue...very intimate.   Thank heaven the rain stopped while the concert was on so the walk home wasn't as bad as anticipated.


On Sunday I decide to take a trip to Nice.  The weather is good so I start by going to the Massena Museum.  Beautiful home from the 1700's.



It was definitely a life of wealth and pleasure.


Then I find my Italian cafe and buy my Italian coffee.  So much better than French coffee.


Lots of people strolling the park by Place Massena.
 

I then go to Cathedrale Sainte Reparate.  


Beautiful church...


Inside and out!


I pass the Notre Dame on my way to the Russian Orthodox Church.


This is gorgeous.  A little tricky to find but worth it.  Apparently restoration was just completed recently.



So many beautiful buildings.  I'm heading back to Vence now.  I'm tired and there's still the walk from the bus on the other end.  Another great day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment