Wednesday 5 October 2016

Day in Nice...

My intention for the day was a trip to St. Paul de Vence but after activating my bus ticket was told that St. Paul is the exception and needs to be paid in cash. €1.50 because it comes under a different jurisdiction.  Crazy! Same bus and the next stop is St. Paul.  Anyhow to avoid the problem I went to Nice.  St. Paul is another day.  Really doesn't matter to me.
It's a beautiful day, warm and sunny.  There are still lots of people sunbathing at the beach.  I decide to reacquaint myself.  Lots of memories.
La Masena....the main square surrounded by lots of high end shops.
Time for lunch...this place off the La Masena square offers a large selection of yummy dishes...I remember ordering spring rolls in the past as a quick, inexpensive snack.
The woman beside me helped me order.  I was hoping the server knew a little English as I couldn't think how to say spring roll....had cervettes and poulet down pat but that wasn't enough.
This is the "naked guy" in the plaza that we used to refer to as our meeting place.
My favourite ice cream/gelato place.  I was walking around trying to remember where the little store was that I used to buy my Italian coffee at.  Couldn't find it but did find my favourite gelato place. 
Chocolate ginger....what a combo of flavours!  Can't find it anywhere else.  Yum!
I sit and rest my weary feet...I know I have taken these photos when I was here before but can't resist as it's just so beautiful!
Many large villas on the hillside.
Lots of people still soaking up the sun.
While walking down the Promenade des Anglais to catch my bus back to Vence I came across this area that has been devoted as a memorial to the victims of the tragedy that happened in July when a crazy man drove a large truck down the Promenade mowing down people as he went.  It was such a tragedy!  So sad.
I caught my bus.  It takes an hour to get back to Vence.  I stop and pick up a baguette and a few groceries and make my way home.
It's a beautiful evening as I look through the shuttered window at a crescent moon.  My photo isn't clear enough to make out the shape of the moon.
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment