Sunday 9 October 2016

Friends...

On Friday my friend Marnie met me at the bus stop and we headed to Cagne Sur Mer to catch the train to Italy.  We are headed to Ventimiglia for the Friday market.  It's a beautiful day but there must be many others with the same idea as the train is unusually crowded.  The scenery is beautiful as we wind our way along the Mediterranean.

We go to lunch as we seem to be unsuccessful with our shopping.  Right on the water.  Ahhh!



On Sunday I visit another friend, Caty, from a small village, Villeneuve Loubet.  Caty informs me that on Sunday there is a duck race.  It's a fund raiser so I buy my "duck" and watch anxiously as they make their way down the river.  First prize is a car.


As the water was just not moving a few kayakers gave the group a gentle nudge.




Caty and I get friendly with one of the ducks.


Quiet street in Villeneuve before everyone goes 'duck crazy'!


And then back to Vence...this is the decorated roundabout by the bus stop.  Needless to say I did not win the car therefore I will continue to bus it!
 

 
 

 

 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment