Sunday 24 December 2017

Moved in to my housesit

This morning I saw Marga off on her vacation.  I then went back to the hotel and had a wonderful breakfast before checking out.  Did I mention I saw Bono at the hotel?


While at breakfast I met a lovely woman by the name of Jenn.  She is originally from Chicago but living outside of Munich with her husband and 3 year old son.  She is a musician and is in Scheveningen performing.  She plays piano and sings.  She loves Sheveningen as she lived here for 2.5 years.  We chatted for a while and after sharing that I do housesitting she asked for one of my cards as they have a dog and two cats that sometimes she has trouble finding someone to take care of them.  I'd love to go there!  Perhaps in the future.
I pack up, check out and take the tram over to Marga's.  The tram system here is wonderful. 


The town is so clean and feels so safe.  I love it.  I've settled in now and will probably take a different tram this afternoon and see some sites.  The fog appears to be lifting so I look forward to seeing the beach finally.


Here is Kami.  A beautiful Siamese.  So friendly and affectionate.


I travel by tram in to Den Haag to look around.  Canals just like Amsterdam.


Lots of shopping in downtown Den Haag.  All dressed up for Xmas!


Bikes are definitely the way to go....nothing fancy...no 20 speeds...just plain old peddle power and no one wears helmets!  Most people don't even lock their bikes up.  Wow!


Beautiful doors....the department of Justice building.


Department of Justice building or Binnenhof (which means inner court).  This is the political heart of the Netherlands.

1 comment: