Thursday 21 December 2017

I have arrived!!

After a good night's sleep I awake to sunshine in Vancouver and a much more positive feel about the day.  I catch the Canada Line out to the airport and my flight is scheduled to go....and then the flights start being marked as delayed...my flight only has a 20 min. delay so far but the time is tight in Calgary to make the change to my KLM flight to Amsterdam.  I literally had to run most of the way to the gate and with a back pack that weighed too much this was really pushing it.  Made it in time however my seat that I had paid for was no longer there and I was assigned the dreaded middle seat!!  It was a full flight and I guess I was just lucky to get on the plane but sitting between two large men for almost 9 hours was not fun....however KLM is a great carrier.


Quite different weather from the day before.


Soothing the crowds with Christmas music...was really good!


Leaving Vancouver.


The Rockies look amazing!

We arrive at Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam.  It's so foggy we can't see anything.  My suitcase was one of the first ones off and I just about did a happy dance!  I really wasn't expecting it!  I then proceeded to get a ticket for the train to Den Haag and then hopped the Tram to Scheveningen.  Found the Ramada Hotel and checked in.  Did all that and it was just 10:30 a.m.


Went for a walk along the beach but really couldn't see anything...found this lovely street with lots of interesting shops.  Will have to come back when I'm more rested and hopefully the fog lifts.  Lots to see here.  Glad I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment