Monday 20 August 2018

Trip to Salisbury

It’s Monday and I’m heading to Salisbury today.  Before I go I take the dogs for their run. On the way I just had to take a picture of this Billy Goat that I pass on the way.  



One of his favourite places is on top of the picnic table



Then I meet another dog walker with her Border Collie cross.  The dog community is so friendly.



I take the train from Dilton Marsh to Salisbury. Only about a 30 minute ride.



I arrive at the station.



It’s only about a 10 minute walk to the centre of town.



I actually thought that perhaps this was the cathedral!  Boy was I mistaken.







Interesting piece?



Kind of puts hanging baskets to shame!





The entrance gate to the Cathedral.







So beautiful!



Just to prove I was really there! LOL!



You can actually see on the stones where they sketched their ideas when constructing the arches.  the book Pilgrims of the Earth was based on the Salisbury Cathedral!



Magnificent!  This is like an infinity font!



Oldest clock in the world!  In use since 1386



Inner courtyard. 









.

No comments:

Post a Comment