Wednesday 15 August 2018

First day in Dilton Marsh

Had a great sleep and hopefully an end to my jet lag.  The dogs are so good.  Not a peep out of them all night!

After having a light breakfast I set out to explore and see where I can catch the local bus and train.  It’s warm and windy today.  Lovely!



The road I am living on.



This is a great facility for children with disabilities. They have a little cafe and store.  Great place for a latte and also afternoon tea.  Today I had the latte...perhaps afternoon tea tomorrow!



Then I continue up the road...



Lovely old church..



If my hair needs a trim there’s a hairdresser...and also a highly recommended fish and chip store.  I’ll have to check that out for dinner one night.



And at the end of the road is the only pub called The Prince of Wales and I will be checking this out for a cold pint and some dinner..as per the sign they have a Sunday roast which is always good value.





I head toward Westbury to pick up a few groceries...



And then back home after getting some groceries from the local Tesco.  I took the dogs for their run and all went well!  They didn’t escape and we made it back home. Look at these two...aren’t they gorgeous?

Stay tuned to find out where I chose to dine out!

No comments:

Post a Comment