Tuesday 14 August 2018

And I’m off on my next adventure...

It’s August 13th at 6 am when Sue picks me up to take me to the airport.  I love Vancouver Airport.  It really is a beautiful airport.





My flight is at 9 am.  I’m going via Montreal and flying Air Canada.  The plane is full and it’s 4 hours 45 mins. to Montreal.  I’ve got a 3 hour layover since the plane I’m taking to London was late arriving in Montreal.  Yuck! 

This  made me a little late arriving in London so I took the Heathrow Express from the airport to Piccadilly (25£) and then the tube to Waterloo Station where I caught my train to Westbury.  Didn’t want to spend the 25£ but with rush hour I would have missed the train to Westbury.  I’ll never take the tube during rush hour again especially with a suitcase.  We were all crammed in there and no one was too impressed with my large suitcase and back pack!  Not fun.



Anyhow I made it to Westbury and Tommy was waiting for me.  It’s a short drive to Dilton Marsh which is a cute village that needs to be explored.  That’s where Tommy, Abby and Heidi live with their two spaniels Tilley and Bilbo.  What a lovely family and home.  Tommy gives me a crash course on the dogs and house and then we take the dogs to a nearby field for a run off leash.  I’d better take lots of treats tomorrow whe I do this on my own so that the dogs don’t take off on me.

Tommy and Abby are ready to leave. They are going to Italy (Genoa) for a week with Abby’s parents.  Heidi is only 11 weeks old so having grandpa and grandma along will definitely give Tommy and Abby a break!

I’ve unpacked and am trying to stay awake.  I hate this and can’t wait until I can go to bed.  I’ll start exploring tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment