Friday 22 February 2013

Networking

My friend from the Carnival told me of an online site called OnVaSortir!  If you are interested in doing things you can join different events that are posted and post events of your own as well.  This has been really interesting.  It's all in French so it pushes me to use my French (also google translate is a must). 

I have joined a group going to the movies, another one going to the flea market in Tourrettes sur Loup as well as posted my own event.  I have advertised a group getting together to practice casual conversation in French and English.  We can help each other out.  I have had responses so we are meeting Sunday afternoon at one of the cafes in Vence.  Apparently these are common place in Nice but I've found out there is a need here as well as most people don't want to have to travel to Nice.  Great way of meeting people and also practicing our language skills.  We'll see how it goes.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment