Sunday 24 February 2013

Chef Barb

Today I decided to try out the recipe in the book I have been reading "Lunch in Paris".  This book was left in the apartment by Mary and I have really enjoyed it.  This recipe is for Mussels with white wine and fennel.  I have started experimenting with fennel and thought this would be a good place to start as I love mussels.

I went to the local supermarket called Le Clerc and spoke to the lady in the seafood department.  She is lovely.  Puts up with my halting French and usually deciphers what it is I need.  The quality of the seafood is fantastic.  Everything is so fresh.  I came away with this huge bag of fresh mussels which I was wondering what I was going to do with the left overs.  Well the dish turned out quite well and surprise, surprise.....no left overs!



1 comment: