Sunday 23 February 2014

San Martin de Los Andes

On Tuesday, Feb. 18th Cedar and I checked out of Amigos del Bosques and caught the bus.  Cedar headed south to El Bolson and I headed north to San Martin de Los Andes.  Harry, my host, met me at the bus terminal and we walked the short two blocks to the apartment that I would call home for the next two weeks.  It is the top floor (3rd) and has two bedrooms.  


San Martin is a beautiful town on the lake (Lago Lacar).


It is very picturesque.  Roses grow everywhere.


The beach is great.  Only two blocks away.  Marlene arrives on Thursday and I meet her at the bus station.  She has taken the bus from Buenos Aires.


One day we take a taxi to the top of the hill overlooking San Martin.  There is the tea house, The Arrayan.  The view is fantastic.


We take another tour and see the Seven Lakes.  This takes us to Villa La Angostura and Bariloche, both of which Marlene has not seen yet.  We then take a different route back to San Martin.  This all takes 12 hours.  It's a long day but worth it.


The rock formations are unbelievable.





No comments:

Post a Comment