Sunday 9 February 2014

Good bye El Huecu.....hello Bariloche

I left El Heucu a day early in order to get a ride to the bus station.  There was an offer I could use the horse but I thought this was easier.  On the bus at 6:30 a.m. and didn't get to my hotel in San Carlos de Bariloche until 6:30 that evening.  Long haul!



Some amazing rock formations!

Checked in to my hotel and then went for the dinner I had been promising myself.  At El Boliche de Alberto I had a delicious rib eye steak, a mountain of mashed potatoes and a bottle of great Malbec red wine.  Mmmmmmm....good!  I have to confess though that I took half the bottle of red wine back to my hotel.  If I'd finished the bottle at dinner I probably wouldn't have made it back to my hotel!


View of the lake from my hotel room.

The next day I had to move over to the apartment that I had rented for the week.  Since I couldn't check in until 1 p.m. I had a look around town and tried several ATM's.  It took four but I finally found one that recognized my bank card.  Talk about stressful!  Running out of pesos.  The one machine that works for me has a daily limit of 500 pesos....sounds like a lot but it's only $70 and each time the bank charges me 48 pesos ($7).  The best thing to do (hindsight) is bring lots of USD.  You get the best exchange rate and don't have to deal with the banks.  Highway robbery!



View from my apartment.  Love my apartment....just a studio but it has everything.  New, modern and even has an indoor pool!


The Iglesia Catedral.



 The foothills of the Andes in the distance.


The town square.


No comments:

Post a Comment