Sunday 19 August 2018

Day around home

Today I have decided to stay around the house and have a lazy day.  Not that most days are too busy.  Around 9 I take Tilly and Bilbo on their walk.  It’s blustery today but warm and dry.



On your mark...get set....





Go!  And they’re off!



Open field let’s them run to their hearts content...pretty safe too as the cars on these narrow roads go way too fast!



I was going to try to get the dogs in the picture with me but easier said than done.  Next time I run in to someone I’ll have to ask them to take our picture.  Today I run in to a man by the name of David.  He has three small dogs and we get to chatting about heritage.  Turns out he is related to Dunlop as in Dunlop tires.  Mega bucks in the family until his grandfather gambled it all away!  We all have interesting pasts.  Wish I’d taken a picture of his dogs but it didn’t occur to me until he was gone.



Back to the house for brunch.  Will you look at this bacon!  Now that’s meaty!  And it only cost £2!  Tesco....love it.




I decided to mow the back yard.  It’s small and this young family has a young baby so no time for stuff like that.  I love puttering in the yard.  They actually have a battery operated lawn mower.  I thought it was electric so it took a while to connect the dots.  Got it going though.  Perfect mower for small spaces.

I then decided to go for afternoon tea at the Fairfield Farm College.  Had tea and a piece of blueberry pound cake.  They have the most wonderful cakes here.  I’d better keep active or the pounds will be sticking to me!

Back home for a bit and then take the dogs for another run.  I’ve been having fun looking for more housesits and I just confirmed two in Spain.  Both in the area of Valencia. I’m so pleased.  Now all I have to do is find one more in the same area for the three weeks between the sits.  That will then take me to Dec. 5th and then I think I will be more than ready to go home.  I’ll look for a housesit in White Rock over Xmas so that I can be close to family.

No comments:

Post a Comment