Tuesday 30 August 2016

Sevilla

Today is Saturday and I leave Madrid and take the train to Sevilla. The train station in Madrid is beautiful with a large atrium in it.
And who do I run in to?  Bruce from Diverbo.  He is on his way home which is close to Malaga.
Fairly flat landscape between Madrid and Sevilla.
It's only 2.5 hours to Sevilla however there is quite a change in temperature.  It's close to 40 when we arrive at 2:30.  I catch a taxi to my hotel, San Gil.
  My room is quite nice and I get settled and explore a bit.  There is a small pool however it's full so I pass on that.  I talk to the girl at the front desk who calls and books a tour by bicycle, See By Bike tours.  I decide to try and get my bearings so I wander out into a maze of streets.  I find two grocery stores and after quite a long walk I find the bicycle rental shop.  I might keep a bike after the tour if I feel comfortable.  Seville is very bikeable.  We'll see.
After I return to San Gil I make arrangements to have dinner in the courtyard.  There is a Flamenco dancer tonight.  
Food was okay but I'll have to see what else is close by.  Off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment