Sunday 18 November 2012

The big one in Siem Reap

Today is my birthday. Wow! The big 60 but I sure don't feel it.  Started off the day with a trip to a local market.  This is one that the local people go to and sells everything!  They thought we were a bit of an oddity as tourists don't frequent this market.  That's what I really liked about our guide.  He took us to some different things.  Had fun showing pictures of Landon to the women there.
After that we went to a silk farm.  Thought I had done this several times before but this was really good.  Really interesting.

After that it was spa time!  Full Kmer body massage, foot massage and then a facial!  Each one took 60 mins. so 3 hrs. later I emerge.  Had to catch a tuk tuk back to the hotel as I felt very relaxed! Had my last swim in the pool at our hotel and then off to dinner we went.  Decided to go to the 'tried and true' so started with a frozen marguerita and nachos at Viva Mexico


and then pizza at Il Forno the Italian restaurant that we love.  Had an appetizer of prawn and scallop done in the most amazing sauce.  Great red wine (2 glasses tonight) and then lemon cello on the house.  What a day!  I'll remember this birthday for a long time. I wonder what 70 will bring?????

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Barb....the fun is only just beginning!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Barb! Enjoying reading about you adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! What a wonderful way to celebrate your 60th!!
    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete