Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Ranch

When Sky picked me up from the bus station she was also picking up a man who had travelled on the same bus as me from Zapala.  This was George or Jorge in Spanish who is from San Martin de Los Andes.  He is coming to the ranch to visit with Ginny for a week.  When I get to the house I am told that I will have the loft as my bedroom.  Problem being that I am a little too tall for this area so when the other volunteer, Cedar, arrives she will stay in the loft and I will go over to the other house.  I got settled, had a well deserved shower and then we dined on chiorzo sausage cooked over an open fire (no propane BBQ here!).  Sky made wonderful guacamole and salad.  Ice cream for desert.  Bed was welcome and I slept soundly.  It is so quiet!

Sky at the computer.  She is amazing.  Just barely five feet tall Sky manages her father's ranch and also manages her mother's affairs which includes the arduous task of lining up people to see to all Ginny's needs.  She is as talented as any gaucho on the ranch and there is no task that she would not be capable of performing.  She definitely wins the award for multi tasking!


No comments:

Post a Comment