Tuesday 31 December 2013

Long trip to the ranch!

Leaving Buenos Aires at 4 pm on the overnight bus to Zapala.  Made the mistake of arriving too early at the bus station and ended up waiting 3 hours.  Thought it would take longer to get there and wasn't sure how it worked.  I am finding no one speaks English.  Quite different from France.  Finally the bus arrives right on schedule.  I have purchased a full bed seat which is located at the back of the bus.  This is a great way to travel.  Very comfortable.  Similar to first class on a plane.  I get settled and can't help but to doze off and on.  At around 8 pm we are served a snack of salad and a sweet bun.  I thought this was dinner but just when I start to settle in to sleep the lights come on and dinner is served at the typical time of 10:00!  Chicken, mashed potatoes and what appears to be Creme brûlée.  We also get wine!  Love it!  I get a pretty good sleep awaking a few times through the night.  The sky is amazing.  So many stars.  I forget how beautiful it can be away from the city.  We are served breakfast at around 8:00 and then we arrive in Zapala at 9:00.  The landscape is quite arid.  Somewhat like the Merritt/Kamloops area.  Next bus is not until 1:30 pm.


1 comment: