Sunday 5 January 2014

Dinner under the stars....

Last night a friend of Jorge's dropped by for a visit.  This man is a real Gaucho and dressed the part.  Very nice.  Jorge asked me to make a beer run and I wasn't sure where I was going as Jorge explained to me in Spanish.  'Just go down the driveway to the end, turn left on the road and walk a bit.  There is a house on the right.  Not that one but the next one.  He will sell you beer.  And here are two empty bottles to take with you".  Now keep in mind this is my interpretation of what he is saying with many hand gestures.  It is almost dusk and I have never noticed a store so am a little wary.  Jorge's friend decided to walk with me and sure enough at the back of the property there is a small building and he sells beer!  Ice cold.  40 pesos for two large bottles.  Things are looking up!  We head back to the ranch where Jorge has built a fire to roast chiazzo sausage which is our supper with bread and salad.  Just like camping.  The moon is out and the stars are plentiful!


Dinner being cooked...





No comments:

Post a Comment