Sunday 14 October 2012

Update on Hanoi

Well I had done a lovely post and even managed to attach a photo and then it was deleted!  This has been more of a challenge than I anticipated and could definately benefit from a workshop or two on my I Pad.

Marlene and I had a good flight from Vancouver to Tokyo.
While waiting in Tokyo for 4 hrs. for our flight to Hanoi we experienced quite a strong tremor!  Thought it was a train going by except there wasn't a train in sight!  Rather scary.  Slept a wee bit on the flight and arrived in Hanoi at 9:30 pm their time. We were pretty jet lagged but obtained our Visa at the airport without too much trouble and met our tour guide Mr. Ban who took us to our car where we met Vu (our driver). So glad we didn't have to find our way on our own.  The airport was a zoo and it was quite hot and humid.  Our hotel is quite nice and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

Settled in okay but set the alarm off on our safe three times while trying to set the code!  I'm sure our neighbors couldn't have been happy with us. Next morning had a great breakfast and decided to start exploring. The streets are crazy here!  It's a free for all.  We are in the Old Quarter which has tons of little shops. Hanoi is 1000 years old so lots of history here.

I really want to post pictures as I blog but haven't been able to do that. Went to several "Apple" stores here which is a bit of a joke to see if someone could help me. After they fiddled with my I Pad a bit I discovered that now my Google is in Vietnamese!  Now I really can't figure it out.

We are meeting our travel agent Diu for dinner tonight. She is taking us for authentic Vietnamese cuisine and then after we will be going to the night market.  Tomorrow we have a tour booked to the Perfume Pagoda.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb-
    You made it! And an earthquake to start things off with! How exciting! Looking forward to the next 'installment' (this blog idea is great)What was your authentic Vietnamese dinner like?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost laughed out loud at your google being in Vietnamese! Oh I hope it all gets sorted soon....love the trip details!

    ReplyDelete