Thursday 13 July 2023

Weekend on Vancouver Island

This weekend started with my niece’s wedding taking place.  I managed to find a housesit in Sidney for two nights so accommodation was covered.



Meet 4 year old Nana.  What a sweetie.  I really enjoyed looking after her while her parents went to Vancouver to see their son graduate to become a police officer.  Such a nice couple.  Nana’s bib says Eat, Sleep, Drool!



A big happy girl!  A true gentle giant.



My trusty steed! Riding the circuit around the Victoria airport.  10 kms of nice paved path.



This is a memorial to people who lost their lives in the Air Force during WWII when this was a training area.





The next day I found the Lochside Trail which starts at the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal and runs in to Victoria.



I stopped for lunch at the Harvest Road roadside cafe.  Fresh great food.  Popular stop for cyclists.



I rode into Sidney down by the water.  Sidney is such a pretty place.







Then it’s time for the wedding at the Beach House Restaurant.  What a great venue.



All set up for nuptials on the beach.



Grandkids all dressed up for the special occasion.



Bride and groom, Charlotte and Jacob.  Beautiful couple.



And the boys partied hard.  Quite the moves!



They all had a great time.



The next day after leaving my housesit I went for a walk down at the Sidney waterfront.  Perfect weather.



The pier in Sidney.



I then drove to my B&B in Colwood.  It’s close to Royal Roads University so on Sunday I’m up early and make my way through the grounds of the University to one of the entrances to the Galloping Goose bike path.  It’s so pretty with paths going off in all directions.  Got lost a couple of times but find my way eventually.





Lake Matheson 



I ride all the way to the Sooke Potholes.  Approximately 90 kms in 5.5 hrs.  I’m knackered but I had to get back to the B&B, load up my bike and drive to the ferry.  I managed to get there early and there was room on the earlier ferry so I’m home early.  What a weekend.  Better go to work and rest up!




No comments:

Post a Comment