Tuesday 15 December 2015

Two days on Isla

Had a wonderful two days on Isla.  My hotel was very simple and more like a hostel.  I met quite a few people that came and stayed for a month or longer.  A couple of Canadians, one from Kelowna and one from Toronto.  Everyone sharing information and tips on travel.
I walked to the main avenue and had breakfast.


I then explored the beaches of the north end.  Fine white sand and very blue water.
 I then decided to walk the length of the island down to the south end where Penny has another bar/restaurant called the joint.  Didn't find the joint right away but ended up at another resort where I stopped for a beer.  I met Manuel and Rod.  Rod is ex military from North Dakota.  He has been living on Isla for 10 years with his wife who is a nurse practitioner regularly travels back home to work the emergency and earn some serious money.  This helps with spending money since they are both retired.  Not a bad set up since the hospital pays her flight!
Rod offers me a ride back on his golf cart so I accept and off we go.  He gives me a mini tour and we end up at the beach on the north end which is his 'regular' spot and he introduces me to some of the locals.  I meet Annie who gives me a wonderful facial and massage for $30.  We then have a beer and I meet Pedro and Pedro.  Wonderful people.  Very friendly.
Rod heads back home and I go back to my hotel to get ready for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment