Monday 14 December 2015

Off to Isla Mujeres

I'm really headed to Cancun to meet up with family but decide to go three days early and visit the island of Isla Mujeres.
I take the sky train to the airport and arrive early enough that I am able to enjoy a nice breakfast.  Good way to start the journey.
It's starting to clear up but it's still pretty wet in Vancouver.
The airport is decorated for Christmas.  I really love our airport.  One of the best in the world!
The aquarium is beautiful.
You do have to be careful of who's looking over your shoulder though!
Well we're all aboard and a pretty smooth flight.  A cold one along the way helps to pass the time.  Just 5 hours and we're landing in Cancun.
I'm met by my driver that I had arranged for and taken to the ferry terminal to go over to Isla Mujeres.  It's nice and warm as I sit on the top deck of this fast ferry and get blown to bits.
I check in at the Paraiso Mexicano hotel 

and head off in search of dinner which I find at El Patio.
A dinner of shrimp and a super sized mint mojito and it's a perfect ending to a long day.



No comments:

Post a Comment