Thursday 2 January 2014

El Heucu....the town

Well El Heucu is definitely more than a one horse town.  It would be quite common for a gaucho to ride into town with his saddle bags to pick up the groceries.  These horses are beautiful and I can't get used to seeing them standing, tied up with their saddles on for long periods of time.  As Ginny says "gauchos treat their horses like a car in the garage....they just leave them until they need them".  I guess they adapt as this is the way of life here.  This young lady rode over to the ranch for a visit.  I told her she was beautiful and she got so embarrassed I wasn't able to take another picture of her.


Here we are at the entrance to El Heucu


The town Firehall.


The bus station.


One of two local grocery stores.....Costco lookout!


Nice town square....it's lovely and green thanks to constant watering.  Good place to sit and have an ice cream.


The local hospital so maybe I could get a job???


An interesting bird I spotted out back of the house.


1 comment:

  1. WOW! maybe Paul could get a job at the firehall? That looks amazing! Very different isn't it? I bet you are loving it!

    ReplyDelete