Tuesday 13 July 2021

Skaha Lake Retreat

Time for a little summer vacation.  Stage three of reopening from COVID means we can now travel within B.C.  Feels like such an accomplishment after being restricted to just our health region.  I am giddy with anticipation.  You’d think I was traveling abroad but for now this is perfect.

I leave on Saturday morning and drive to Salmon Arm to visit my friend Anne-Marie.  Anne-Marie is waiting for hip replacement so we enjoy visiting without exerting ourselves.  Always lots to talk about and catch up.  On Sunday we go to Haney Heritage Village and Museum.  This is a work in progress.  Run by volunteers it tells the story of Salmon Arm and surrounding area from days gone by.  We also had lunch at the Sprig of Heather Restaurant located on the grounds.  It was warm but comfortable on the patio.  Later that day we went to Shiswap Cider Company.  All cider is made using local products and is delicious.  We had the sampler and I think my favourite was the Lavender Honey.  Very nice.  Sorry no pictures.

I left the next morning for the cabin at Skaha Lake where I’ll be meeting my sister Sue for a week of R&R.  It’s about a 3 hour drive.



Our little bit of heaven.  It’s very warm (mid 30’s) but when you’re at the lake that is perfect.



So beautiful.



On the beach…heading out on our floating chairs on the lake.



On Tuesday we head to Kaleden which is a small community across the lake from us.



and find the Linden Gardens



 This is beautiful.  The gardens are lush and cool.  We wander through and admire the many beautiful plants and trees.  This stone sculpture was resting amongst the flowers.





Different looking plant.  Doesn’t look real.



This is Frog City Cafe which is located in the Linden Gardens.  We had lunch here and also enjoyed fresh from the oven cinnamon buns and coffee one morning.  So good!  It’s now my favourite place when coming to Skaha Lake.




No comments:

Post a Comment