Sunday 6 April 2014

We're heading back home

Well the trip is done.  94 days in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay.  It was an amazing trip.  I think I learned more on this trip than previous trips I've taken.  It's not so much about the attractions along the way but more about learning about myself.  My stay with Ginny on the Chacra was life changing.  Not in the way I first thought and not even what I thought when I left the Chacra.  It was more about reflection.  

I visited Ginny one last time while in Buenos Aires the day before heading home.  She was staying in an apartment with her friend Janice who she has known since they were 10 years old.  Also staying with her was Rosa who is one of her care givers at the Chacra in El Huecu.  People dedicated to supporting Ginny.  Ginny is waiting and hoping for medical treatment to ease the dibilatating pain caused by osteoporosis in her neck and back and also her multiple sclerosis.  It's a waiting game.  

Slowing down to "smell the roses" is so important.  Family, patience, gratitude and empathy.  All so very important.  Learning this is an ongoing project.  I'm learning.....family first.


No comments:

Post a Comment